Media headlines about Royal Dutch Shell (OTCMKTS:RYDAF) have been trending negative recently, according to InfoTrie Sentiment. InfoTrie scores the sentiment of press coverage by analyzing more than 6,000 news and blog sources in real time. The firm ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of negative five to positive five, with scores nearest to five being the most favorable. Royal Dutch Shell earned a media sentiment score of -2.14 on their scale. InfoTrie also gave news stories about the company an news buzz score of 0 out of 10, meaning that recent press coverage is extremely unlikely to have an impact on the company’s share price in the next few days.
These are some of the media stories that may have impacted Royal Dutch Shell’s score:
- Oil Rises As U.S. Steps In Rivalry; Occidental Takes Drastic Steps Amid Truce (finance.yahoo.com)
- South Africa's largest refinery to minimise maintenance over coronavirus shutdown (finance.yahoo.com)
- Big Oil may have to break dividend taboo as debt spirals – investors (finance.yahoo.com)
- Japan's Mitsubishi, Chubu Elec completes $4.5 bln purchase of Eneco (finance.yahoo.com)
- Chevron Saves Dividend While A Truce Is Called In This Takeover War (finance.yahoo.com)
Shares of RYDAF traded up $1.70 during midday trading on Thursday, hitting $17.50. 82,131 shares of the company traded hands, compared to its average volume of 91,368. Royal Dutch Shell has a one year low of $10.70 and a one year high of $33.50. The stock has a 50-day moving average of $20.99 and a 200-day moving average of $27.10.
Royal Dutch Shell plc operates as an energy and petrochemical company worldwide. The company operates through Integrated Gas, Upstream, and Downstream segments. It explores for, and extracts crude oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids; markets and transports oil and gas; produces gas-to-liquids fuels and other products; and operates upstream and midstream infrastructure necessary to deliver gas to market.
See Also: What is quantitative easing?
Receive News & Ratings for Royal Dutch Shell Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Royal Dutch Shell and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.