News articles about Westpac Banking (NYSE:WBK) have trended very negative on Thursday, according to InfoTrie Sentiment. The research group rates the sentiment of media coverage by analyzing more than six thousand blog and news sources in real-time. The firm ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of negative five to five, with scores closest to five being the most favorable. Westpac Banking earned a coverage optimism score of -3.13 on their scale. InfoTrie also assigned media coverage about the bank an news buzz score of 0 out of 10, meaning that recent media coverage is extremely unlikely to have an impact on the stock’s share price in the next few days.
These are some of the news articles that may have impacted Westpac Banking’s ranking:
- CLASS ACTION UPDATE for WBK, AAN and ALGN: Levi & Korsinsky, LLP Reminds Investors of Class Actions on Behalf of Shareholders (finance.yahoo.com)
- WBK DEADLINE – Bronstein, Gewirtz & Grossman, LLC Reminds Westpac Banking Corporation Shareholders With Losses Exceeding $100K of Class Action and Lead Plaintiff Deadline: March 30, 2020 (finance.yahoo.com)
- WBK DEADLINE ALERT – Bronstein, Gewirtz & Grossman, LLC Reminds Westpac Banking Corporation Shareholders With Losses Exceeding $100K of Class Action and Lead Plaintiff Deadline: March 30, 2020 (finance.yahoo.com)
- CLASS ACTION UPDATE for WBK, BDX and CCI: Levi & Korsinsky, LLP Reminds Investors of Class Actions on Behalf of Shareholders (finance.yahoo.com)
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: WBK WWE XP: The Law Offices of Vincent Wong Reminds Investors of Important Class Action Deadlines (finance.yahoo.com)
Shares of WBK traded up $0.45 during trading hours on Thursday, hitting $9.99. 1,081,765 shares of the stock were exchanged, compared to its average volume of 605,094. Westpac Banking has a fifty-two week low of $7.98 and a fifty-two week high of $20.56. The business has a 50-day moving average of $14.20 and a 200-day moving average of $17.14. The firm has a market capitalization of $31.27 billion, a P/E ratio of 7.51, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 2.08 and a beta of 0.86. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 3.10, a current ratio of 1.24 and a quick ratio of 1.24.
Westpac Banking Company Profile
Westpac Banking Corporation provides various banking and financial services in Australia, New Zealand, Asia, the Pacific region, and internationally. It operates through five divisions: Consumer Bank, Business Bank, BT Financial Group, Westpac Institutional Bank, and Westpac New Zealand. It offers everyday banking, savings, term deposit, moving to Australia, under 21 and student, business one, community solutions one, not-for-profit savings, and foreign currency accounts; term and farm management deposits; debit, credit, and travel money cards; home, personal, investment, small business, and commercial loans; and equipment, automotive, cash flow, property, insurance premium, corporate and structured finance, and trade and supply chain financing services.
Featured Article: Leveraged Buyout (LBO) Explained
Receive News & Ratings for Westpac Banking Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Westpac Banking and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.